Metropolitan History


1957

Metropolitan Pump Company begins operations from a home office in Western Springs, Illinois.

1967

Metropolitan Pump Company becomes officially incorporated.

1968

The company moves to a 2,500 sq. ft. facility in Downers Grove, Illinois.

1974

Metropolitan doubles its warehouse capacity and relocated to Lisle, Illinois.

1990

Increasing market share gains lead to the development of a new, modern 20,000 sq. ft. facility in Romeoville, Illinois.

1992

Metropolitan finds itself out of room once again, adding an additional 10,000 sq. ft. to bring its total up to 30,000 sq. ft.

1993

In order to grow the electrical control portion of the business, Metropolitan Pump Company purchases Reliable Electric Controls (REC), making it the tenth division of the company.

1994

Metropolitan Pump Company changes its name to Metropolitan Industries, Inc., which presently consists of ten operating divisions.

1997

The company once again finds itself out of room and develops a new 50,000+ sq. ft. facility in Romeoville, Illinois.

1999

Another expansion is completed; our current 100,000 sq. ft. facility houses the entire Metropolitan operation including manufacturing, sales, engineering, and extensive inventory.

2002

To meet the demands of new customers and old friends, Metropolitan extends staff to over 100 team members.

2009

With the launch of both our Ion|StormPro® sump and sewage pump line, and a mechanical heating division, headcount exceeds more than 125 team members.

2012

Metropolitan celebrates 55 great years in business with an Open House Celebration.

Contact Us

(815) 886-9200 or Email Us: info@metropolitanind.com
37 Forestwood Dr., Romeoville, Il 60446